Simon Cavalier Chef

Simon Cavalier

I’m Simon, I’m 34 and I think I might be one of the Brussels’s happiest cook and dad! I grew up in Helecine just between Brussels and Liège. I’ve studied communication here in Brussels but I quickly gave up trying to find an exciting job in that field. So, I started working in bars and restaurants and went to CERIA, a good cooking school in Anderlecht. Now, I really enjoy being a Chef and communicate with costumers through my dishes.
 

Who are you?

I’m Simon, I’m 34 and I think I might be one of the Brussels’s happiest cook and dad! I grew up in Helecine just between Brussels and Liège. I’ve studied communication here in Brussels but I quickly gave up trying to find an exciting job in that field. So, I started working in bars and restaurants and went to CERIA, a good cooking school in Anderlecht. Now, I really enjoy being a Chef and communicate with costumers through my dishes.  

On which project are you currently working on?

I’m responsible for lunch’s menu at Le Phare, which means that I try to create original meals with the most local and seasonal products but also to combine traditional Belgian gastronomy with exotic or modern influences. I really love the challenge of cooking vegan but flavoury dishes or for example make a basic Carbonnade looks yummy on a plate ! :)  

What do you like to do when you are not working?

I’m really obsessed by food ! So, most of the time I read cooking books (i got 20 of them next to my bed), watch recipes or techniques on Youtube or simply cook at home. Oh but that’s just 10% of the time, the other 90% left, I spend it with my wife and children. And the eighth day of the week I play music with my friends.  

Song you would like to make us discover?

My top 3 musicians of the moment are Seu Jorge, Elliot Smith and Pauline Croze. I would like to make you discover a famous song from Les Déménageurs called L’hippopoquoi. It’s been number one on my Spotify playlist for almost two years.  

A quote, a poem, an advice, which follows you everywhere?

Always look on the bright side of life… (whistle hehe)  

How do you feel at Le Phare?

Le Phare is now like my second home, people are great, friendly and it’s a nice and welcoming place to work when you look at it. I leave nearby, and I’ve always loved the building. One day I was thinking : Wouldn’t it be cool to work on that ship? And here I am today: One more happy Sailor!
(Visited 4 times, 4 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*